Erectile dysfunction or impotence is a condition that constantly affects the ability of a person to achieve and maintain erection or achieve ejaculation when required.
ED can be caused due to various factors including increasing age along with physical and emotional disorders.
According to various surveys more than 50% people in age group of 40-70 years experience erectile dysfunction sometime in their life.
People suffering from some other health problem can also experience ED due to the adverse effect of certain medications or health problems like neurological and nervous disorders, endocrine diseases and cardiovascular issues etc.
Some people also experience ED due to emotional disorders and lifestyle factors. Their sexual ability suffers due to stresses, over excitements, loss of hope, fatigue and sadness etc.
After knowing the cause of erectile dysfunction it becomes easy to find the right way to prevent this sexual problem. One can prevent ED effectively mainly in three ways – eating healthy diet, living healthy life and treat the problem naturally.
1. Eating healthy diet
People suffering from erectile dysfunction can prevent this condition, regardless of its cause, by eating healthy foods in routine. Eating a diet rich in natural foods like vegetables, fruits, fish and whole grains with lesser amount of refined grains and red and processed meat can decrease the occurrence of erectile dysfunction. ED can also happen due to chronic deficiency of vitamin B12, especially in aged people. So, the older adults can add fortified foods and a multivitamin in their daily diet to remove their deficiency of B12 vitamins.
2. Living healthy and active life
If you are experiencing erectile dysfunction due to some physical health problem like cardiovascular issues or diabetes etc. then you can prevent it by taking care of your overall health. In most cases, main cause of erectile dysfunction is deterioration of blood vessels. So, to ensure normal flow of blood in your body you should also ensure the normal condition of your blood vessels. Medication cannot be the only solution for such problems, depending on the overall health of the person. You can also improve your physical health by following the tips provided here under.
- Quit smoking: It can ensure the flow of blood into your penis as smoking affects neuro-signals and blood flow.
- Lose weight: You may be straining your cardiovascular system due to your overweight. So if you keep your weight under control then you can easily prevent ED.
- Eat balanced diet on regular basis
- Avoid too much intake of alcohol. It should not be more than two drinks per day.
- Be active physically: You can improve your stress levels, state of mind and the flow of blood in your entire body just spending 30 minutes per day on physical activities like walking, running, jogging or workouts etc.
- Get enough sleep to reduce stress
- Monitor and control your cholesterol levels and blood pressure
3. Treating the problem in natural manner
Though various standard treatments including vacuum pumps, prescription medication, surgery and implants are available these days to treat erectile dysfunction but it has been proved through various researches that natural options can improve the symptoms of this problem more effectively. Some of the commonly used natural options may include:
- Rhodiola rosea: Its effectiveness on ED has been provided through various studies. This herb can considerably improve the sexual functioning of the patient as it reduces his fatigue and improves energy in his body.
- Panax ginseng: It is also known as herbal Viagra as its effectiveness has been proved several times. It should be taken 600-1000 milligram thrice a day, according to the requirement of the patient.
- L-arginine: It is another natural product that improves the level of amino acid in your body to make more nitric oxide to improve blood flow. It helps in successful erection by improving the sexual functioning of your body by relaxing your blood vessels to improve blood flow. L-arginine is the main ingredient in Male Extra pills that can be taken daily to improve your erection quality.
- DHEA: Your adrenal glands produce this hormone to convert it into testosterone and estrogen that affect the sexual functioning of your body.
- Yohimbe: It is an herbal supplement that is extracted from the bark of yohimbe tree found in Africa. This drug can improve one’s sexual performance.
- Acupuncture: As per various studies it can show positive results while treating ED as it helps in restoring sexual activities along with quality of erections.
Though all the natural treatments have proved their potential on ED still you should consult your doctor before using them.